Sustainability is a core value of Chosen Foods and as we move to larger scale production of our products, it will continue to be a top priority. We strive to offer the most environmentally sustainable processes through our avocado oil production. We are the largest purveyor of naturally refined avocado oil in the world, processing over 350 million avocados per year. We refine our oil in Mexico in our brand new, 10,000 square foot facility in Zamora, Michoacan. Our processes reuse the avocado waste (pit and peels) as biomass fuel to power our Mexico-based processing plant. By utilizing food waste in a productive way, we have been able to reduce our energy consumption by 7,425 Gigacalories – roughly the same amount of energy required to power 1,200 US homes for an entire year!
Articles in this section
- Does refining the avocado oil remove nutrients?
- Do you use any harmful chemicals in your refining process?
- Is your avocado oil produced in a facility with peanuts, gluten, or other allergens?
- Where do you produce/refine your avocado oil?
- What kind of avocados do you use and where do your avocados come from?
- Why isn’t your avocado oil organic?
- Does avocado oil need to be refrigerated?
- Where can I find the expiration date on the 100% Avocado Oil?